Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A not so fun thing.. the POS system...

SO the most current frustrating item on my list of store opening saga's is this darn Point of Sale system (the register software on my computer), which is very fancy and highly technical but doesn't make much sense to me. Basically I have to imput in every clothing item (thousands of pieces) into the system, including price, bar code (make one too), wholesale cost, quantity and all this other tricky stuff. Man, all I can say is that it's a long and boring process. I have a little, which is growing bigger and bigger, corner in my poor mother's living room devoted to my boxes and computer, where I input all the clothes deep into the night... sigh... I'll get the hang of it eventually :)

1 comment:

  1. You should try one of the POS software titles (there are some like this available on the market today) that can add items in inventory "on-the-go" or "on-the-fly". That way you can input items in inventory at the point of sale (when you sell an item it can be inputed in inventory).

    Very nice article, many people can identify with your problem.
    Support,
    www.AlexandriaComputers.com

    ReplyDelete